Monday, February 11, 2013

Lonely

Originally Written: Sometime in high school

Loveless and empty
Overachieved and ignored
Nonexistent
Evaporating in time
Lost within themselves
Yearning to love

Why don't you love me
The way you do for her?
Am I ugly?
Am I unpleasant?
My feelings, you don't concur

Is it her smile
That sparkles like the sun?
Bright and welcoming
Open and giving
I think we're now 1-1

I have all of that
So why?
Why her out of all?
I love you too, but
I fall under the perfection
That she binds

She's attractive enough
Like me too
What do you see?
Some originality
I do, but that's news to you

Is it her laughter
That makes your heart race?
And rocket toward the moon
All through the afternoon
Only thinking of her face

I guess you'll never love me
Not as much as you do her
She's more to you than anything
I'll never mean that much
So good luck, be happy, for we may never meet until the end
For I have descended into the darkness again

No comments:

Post a Comment