Monday, February 11, 2013

Drown Forever

Originally Written: August 10th, 2008

The leaves begin to fall
My soul is set aside
It hurts when you stare
You want me for a bride

It's not the love I want
You swallow it and drown
Stalking and surveying
Following me without a sound

I'm invited to party
You do everything to get in
You hurt and steal
And hassle my friends

It's not healthy
How you follow me around
You say it's protection
But I feel bolted to the ground

So I have to get away
I have a date tonight
It's time for the special event
It's my prom night

But I can't enjoy my night
I feel your presence here
It's hiding in the shadows
It lingers in the air

Finally you make your move
You knock me to the ground
You tell me you love me
And pick me up when I'm down

Now I'm trapped in a marriage
Consumed by your love
I can't get out of here
Escape to the above

One day I do
It's sweeter than bliss
Everything I wished for
Better than a first kiss

Away with the wind
Sun, moon, together
If you want to bring me down
You'll have to drown me forever

No comments:

Post a Comment