Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Raison D'etre (Important Reason/Purpose) [English Lyrics]

Anime: Claymore
Artist: Nightmare
Originally Written: January 31st, 2016

Ah, I have fled these nights cowering silently
From these frozen nightmares and these crooked, wicked lies
Warm me, Warm me, Wrap me

I can't hide - these memories are all that I have left to see
I can't cry - love is difficult for a being such as me

No matter how far I walk, I cannot see an end in sight
My past mistakes are always haunting me
Why can't I hide the filthy sight of this empty entities?
Seeking the truth that I can't erase

Why did you abandon me the day I was in need?
My heart cannot find where my happiness used to lie
Hide it, hide it, hide me

I can't hold the stars we used to count together those wishful days
So I had to return my wishes back from whence they came

I was weak and ignorant that I couldn't fight for you
Even though I clearly knew the truth
Yet I was dreaming of a future that contained me and you
I counted the days til you came back to me

Why do we live to die and only die to live?
If I can be happy, then my own mistakes I shall forgive

On that day
You gave me your word that you would see me again
Even though I haven't seen you ever since
I grew stronger then, remembering the pain I felt
"Goodbye my love."

Even though you hurt me so, I can't forget your smiling face
It keeps me going so I can't lose my place
My end's in sight, it's not alright, I can't lose another day
Give me the answer for our love, my dear
I travel on for the cure for this fear

No comments:

Post a Comment